I started a Twitter account years ago and let it go dormant for some time. About 3 years ago I dusted the account off and started to use it again. It was during a PD session through our Equity Leads that we were asked to do an audit of who we followed on Twitter. I didn’t actually follow that many people, but I started to see the power in Twitter to gather and capture information/perspectives. In my learning I also started to understand whose voices and perspectives I was getting all the time through the people I follow and whose voices and perspectives I was not getting at all. Recognizing that I needed to grow my understanding of Anti Black Racism and the lived experiences of Indigenous people to be a better administrator, I sought out perspectives that were new to me. Here are a few people I follow now: Emmanuel Acho Jeewan Chinaka Kike Ojo-Thompson Tanya Talaga Jesse Wente Nick Bertrand Debbie Donsky Desmond Cole I enjoy reading their perspectives and s...
A great place to start as we consider ways to ensure inclusion and belonging in our schools. I've often referred to Queen's University page for resources pertaining to inclusive language when working with staff, students, and community. https://bit.ly/3jqFfLR
ReplyDelete